New Season of Hit Reality-Competition Series to Include Highest Level of Fan Interaction in PROJECT RUNWAY History
For the 12th season of Lifetime’s Emmy®-nominated reality-competition series Project Runway (#ProjectRunway), die-hard “FAN-addicts” of the hit program will experience the show like never before when it premieres on Thursday, July 18, at 9pm ET/PT. Marking a series first, Project Runway’s legion of fans will be able to interact with viewers across the country in real-time during each episode through the new interactive on-screen feature, PlayRunway, empowering fans to use their smartphones, tablets and computers to share their reactions to episode storylines, design challenges and decisions by judges Heidi Klum, Nina Garcia and Zac Posen, and mentor Tim Gunn.
Additional new fan integration elements include:
Runway Redemption (#RunwayRedemption) – A mystery contestant from a past season, chosen by fans on mylifetime.com, will be unveiled as the 16th designer for season 12.
Project Runway Superfan Contest – Via video submissions, seven super fans will be chosen to be featured in an upcoming episode this season for a fashion makeover.
More Tim Gunn – Fans have asked and Project Runway has delivered. This season, Gunn will join Klum and the judges to watch the runway show, answer questions the judges have about what transpired in the workroom and give them an opportunity to physically examine the workmanship of each design. Also, for the first time in Project Runway history, Gunn will be able to “rescue” one designer during course of the season he feels deserves a second chance.
A number of high-profile guest judges are set to join Project Runway this cycle, including actress and model Kate Bosworth, fashionista Kelly Osbourne, actress and comedienne Allison Williams, multiple Academy Award®, Emmy and Golden Globe® nominee Sigourney Weaver, TV stars Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Kaley Cuoco, as well as original Project Runway judge Michael Kors and Stacy Keibler, host of Lifetime’s Supermarket Superstar.
In this season’s premiere, the sky is the limit as the designers are pushed and must fly on their own to create a look using parachute materials for their first runway challenge. The Project Runway Season 12 designers are:
- Alexander Pope, 38 - Hometown: Los Angeles, CA; Resides in New York, NY
- Alexandria von Bromssen, 38 - Hometown: Stockholm, Sweden; Resides in San Mateo, CA
- Angela Bacskocky, 33 - Hometown: Richmond, VA; Resides in Richmond, VA
- Bradon McDonald, 38 - Hometown: Lowville, NY; Resides in Los Angeles, CA
- Dom Streater, 24 - Hometown: Philadelphia, PA; Resides in Philadelphia, PA
- Helen Castillo, 25 - Hometown: Weehawken, NJ; Resides in Union City, NJ
- Jeremy Brandrick, 41 - Hometown: Birmingham, England; Resides in New York, NY
- Justin LeBlanc, 27 - Hometown: Tampa, FL; Resides in Raleigh, NC
- Kahindo Mateene, 34 - Hometown: Goma, Democratic Republic of the Congo; Resides in Chicago, IL
- Karen Batts, 29 - Hometown: Boca Raton, FL; Resides in Queens, NY
- Ken Laurence, 24 - Hometown: Birmingham, AL; Resides in Birmingham, AL
- Miranda Kay Levy, 29 - Hometown: Wilton, WI; Resides in Milwaukee, WI
- Sandro Masmanidi, 28 - Hometown: Krasnodar, Russia; Resides in New York, NY
- Sue Waller, 45 - Hometown: Boston, MA; Resides in Brooklyn, NY
- Timothy Westbrook, 24- Hometown: Wanakena, NY; Resides in Milwaukee, WI
- Runway Redemption Contestant
As part of the winner’s prize package, this season’s champion will receive $150,000 from GoBank, the award-winning new bank account made to be used on a mobile phone; $50,000 of next generation technology from HP and Intel to help enable their creativity and launch their new business; a year’s supply of Resource Natural Spring Water and an all-expense paid, luxurious spa retreat for two to the exotic Maldives, courtesy of Resource Water; a chance to design and sell an exclusive collection at Belk; a complete sewing and crafting studio from Brother Sewing and Embroidery; a fashion spread in Marie Claire magazine; a 2014 Lexus IS 350; a $100,000 fabric allowance from Tide Pods to inspire fashions that truly pop; and a $50,000 styling contract with L’Oréal Paris. It is a prize package worth more than half a million dollars. The model paired with the winner of Project Runway will receive a fashion spread in Marie Claire magazine and $25,000 from L’Oréal Paris.
Catch you on July 18 for the Season Premiere of Project Runway. For video diaries from each contestant visit lifetimeTV/Project Runway.com. Stay tuned for a surprise announcement from me coming soon.
Photos: Courtesy of Lifetime TV