Ever wish you could dress like a celebrity and look like you are red carpet ready on New Year’s Eve? If you have not budgeted $1,000+ for a new dress this year Rent The Runway is here to help you sparkle and shine when the ball drops in Times Square or the fireworks explode in your home town on New Year’s Eve 2014.
If you have not heard of Rent The Runway they are a free website that rents high-end designer apparel and accessories on a 4- or 8-day basis. Launched in November 2009, the company was founded by two Harvard Business School graduates, Jennifer Hyman and Jennifer Carter Fleiss. The website offers over 25,000 dresses and accessories from over 165 designers such as Badgley Mischka, Vera Wang and Nicole Miller.
The way it works is as follows:
1. Search their collection of dresses and accessories for your rental date (1–2 days before your event), then filter by designer, price, length — even style — to narrow down your favorites.
2. Once you’ve selected your items, book for a 4-day or 8-day rental period. RTR also offers all the essential extras like Spanx and Fashion Tape.
3. Your order will arrive by 8PM on your delivery date via UPS (or by courier in NYC). Time to slip it on and shine!
4. After your night out, send back your items in the easy pre-paid envelope provided — they take care of the dry cleaning.
Easy… right? Did you also know that you can rent the full look from RTR with a necklace, bracelets, earrings and even rings to make your mani pop. Their Go-To Girls are there to help you put it all together and look amazing.
Not sure what size you would be? Rent The Runway offers one additional size with every rental. Plus, order an additional style of equal or lesser value for just $32.50 more. In addition, enjoy $25 off your first rental upon sign-up. If you are located in NYC or Vegas you can make an appointment to visit their showroom. They recently opened a store-in-store at Henri Bendel.
Click through the slide show to see 10 luxury hi-end designer sequin sparkling dresses you can rent for UNDER $100:
- Dream in turquoise! This faux sequin shift by Nanette Lepore will have you shimmering til dawn on your next night out
- Feel and look ready for that extravaganza in this dazzling mini by Badgley Mischka.
- Get your hands on the ultimate party dress for the event by wearing this fab Badgley Mischka sequin sensation.
- Rent the ultimate party dress by rocking this Badgley Mischka sequin sensation! New Years this is your dress!
- Go with a chic and classic look by wearing this beautiful Christian Siriano blush colored cocktail dress. Simple yet stunning.
- It's girls night out and you're rocking this Halston Heritage sequin sensation on the dance floor.
- Make a statement as you prance into the party wearing this pink lace dress by Moschino Cheap and Chic.
- Get ready to shimmy it on the dance floor in this multicolored sequin dress by Trina Turk.
- Show off your legs in this sequin sensation by Robert Rodriguez Collection at the club. You'll be the center of attention.
- Searching for the perfect party dress? Look no further than this fit n flare by Slate & Willow!
Have your Cinderella moment and ring in the New Year with Rent The Runway. Visit their site for even more hi-end luxury designer gowns and cocktail dresses that retail for over $1,000 which can be yours for only $20.14. It does not get much better than that. Don’t be surprised if the paparazzi come swarming.
Best Wishes for a very Happy New Year!!!